Oregano+ essential oil is an easy way to add flavour to savoury dishes. Its distinctive, pungent taste makes it an indispensable addition to Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines, though it can be used in a variety of cuisines and recipes.
As an herb, oregano is a kitchen staple. Substitute Oregano+ essential oil for fresh herbs when you don’t have any handy. You’ll be surprised and delighted with the freshness of the results in your culinary dishes.
- Add sparingly to various dishes for extra flavouring, particularly Mexican and Mediterranean dishes.
- Use it with Basil+ essential oil to step up your spaghetti game.
- Try the Young Living Mediterranean Marinade Recipe: Combine the following ingredients in a shallow glass bowl or baking pan: ¾ cup olive oil, ½ cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 drop Oregano+ essential oil, 2 drops Lemon+ essential oil, 1 drop Black Pepper+ essential oil. Cover and refrigerate for 1–4 hours before grilling. Discard marinade after use. Enjoy! 5ml
Add in the bright, cool flavour of Peppermint+ to your pantry. Known for its versatile and well-loved flavour, Peppermint can be added to your favourite tea or even try experimenting it with your baking.
Peppermint is loved for its use in many different cuisines, where it brings a refreshing aroma and wonderful flavour to the taste buds. 5ml
Basil+ essential oil has a sweet, warm scent and flavour. Like the well-loved herb, this versatile oil adds a sweet, peppery flavour to any meal. Found in a variety of dishes, basil is considered a kitchen staple. Young Living’s Basil+ essential oil pairs well with savoury foods, and is the perfect flavouring for sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood. Found in many Italian and Asian dishes, it can also be added to lemonade or tea to give it a hint of sweetness.
With Basil+ essential oil, you’ll get a brighter flavour than dried herbs without having to have fresh herbs on hand. If you want a lighter basil flavour in your dishes, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
- Add it to your favourite pasta sauce recipe along with Oregano+ for flavour and depth.
- Use it in custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes.
- Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavour.
- Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
- Make Spinach Pesto in minutes: In a small skillet, heat ½ cup pine nuts over medium heat until lightly golden. Add them to a food processor along with 1 large bunch of spinach (2-3 cups), 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, ½ cup of olive oil, and 2 tsp. of garlic, minced. Pulse until evenly pureed. Scrape sides and continue pulsing until smooth. Pour the pesto into a glass bowl. Add additional olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Stir in a squeeze of lemon and 1 drop of Basil Vitality oil. Dip your favourite fresh bread or pita into it or spread it on a homemade pizza. Enjoy! 5ml